Benjamin Franklin once famously quoted “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest”. This is not only true for the one learning but doubly true for the one teaching. It goes beyond just imparting knowledge and into the territory of truly making a difference both to you and your student. At 3RealMates, this is a motto we live and work by. It is this crucial investment that is highly prized and inculcated in our program. As a youth tutor and part of the wider 3 Real Mates family you have access to the best mentors, teaching materials, advanced knowledge, training platforms and an exponentially growing network across schools and online jobs in Australia. The benefits are plenty but above all this is an opportunity to empower yourself enough to stand out among the intense competition you will face in the graduate job market these days.
One of the inherent skills you will develop with 3RealMates is what is known as “time management”. Time management at work is indispensable. In fact, a recent LinkedIn study revealed that time management is one of the top-five most in-demand soft skills in 2020 and beyond. It constitutes a variety of nuances that are truly honed at 3RealMates. It is a cross-industry and transferable youth skill. This means that it is an ability that can be utilised in any industry or workplace and will be prized by many thereby greatly improving your chances of being hired. Giving real world examples of how you have utilised this skill as a youth tutor teaching English online is of utmost importance to your job prospect and at 3Realmates you develop this very capability, work experience and reference.
Here are few ways in which effective time management skills that are developed when working at 3RealMates will come in handy especially when you are trying to figure out how to get a job and stand out among your competition.
- Prioritizing: You will learn how to organise your workload and identify what requires your attention and when for the best use of your precious time.
- Delegation: Knowing how to utilise your resources well adds to your management skills and makes your job easier and more efficient.
- Decision-making: When you manage your time well you are in a position to make the right decision at the right time that is beneficial to both you and the company.
- Goal setting: Goal setting ensures you have addressed all that’s on your plate accurately while meeting and achieving expectations set upon you.
- Multitasking: Highly prized, being able to do multiple things on the go is an essential skill that is very sought after. Time management assists you in being across the myriad jobs that will land on your desk.
- Problem solving: Being a problem solver means that you have to be able to look at a problem holistically and figure out the right solution to everyone’s advantage. Time management gives you the breathing space to be able to look at a problem from all angles so you can come up with an informed solution.
- Strategic thinking and planning: Crucial when approaching things on your list and you will be able to work in a systematic way to get the best insights on how to tackle a job effectively.
- Scheduling: An up-skill that will assist with prioritizing, managing appointments and achieving your goals and expectations.
- Record keeping and documentation: A valuable skill that will help you stay afloat and keep track of everything that has your attention.
- Meeting deadlines: This is a skill required by all prospective employers and ensures you meet your target efficiently and on time.
- Stress management and coping: Time management helps you stay self aware and gives you a coping mechanism to stay calm in the eye of the storm.
- Effective teamwork: So you are able to progress to a managerial position and work within a team effectively and ensure all the needs of the team are being met and addressed.
With your experience within our dynamic company and the multitude of youth tutor skills that you will pick up along the way will ensure you are job ready, are years ahead in preparation for the competitive university admissions in your near future or the career path you wish to embark on. These valuable job skills are multi faceted and intrinsically required by all employers whether you are looking for an online job, work experience or graduate jobs. Working with the very best mentors in the industry will maximize your potential and our ongoing training will mean that you will be a valued, capable and effective member of which ever team or company you decide to become a part of.